Massachusetts Bankruptcy Lawyer
If you have decided to file for bankruptcy, you could benefit from the legal expertise and assistance of a lawyer who also understands Massachusetts law.
Call Now for Immediate Help 855-254-7841.
Contrary to perception, filing for bankruptcy does not leave you without a home or possessions. Further, filing in Massachusetts allows you to retain most of your possessions. However, there are different kinds of debts that can be discharged under different categories of bankruptcy and your attorney would be the best person to advise you.
- Individuals can file for bankruptcy under Chapter 7 or Chapter 13, depending on their particular situation. Your attorney is the best person to guide you with this
- There are certain discharges you may get under Chapter 13. Usually, businesses can file under Chapter 7 for liquidation or Chapter 11 for reorganizing
- Family farmers and fishermen can file under Chapter 12 for debt relief
- Parties from more than one country can also file for bankruptcy under Chapter 15
Debts can be discharged and you may even be allowed to keep all of your assets or possessions. A professional bankruptcy attorney conversant with Massachusetts law can better guide you on the details of the filing you need to do, if at all. A debt which is not dischargeable under one chapter may be dischargeable under another. Some chapters allow a discharge after completion of all designated payments.
Checklist for considering legal help for bankruptcy
- If you are already repaying a debt but the amount isn’t reducing. It may even grow larger through interest accumulated over time. This can include home mortgages
- If your debts are such that you are tempted to make repayments from out of savings funds, including your retirement fund, it may be time to declare bankruptcy
- If you have dependents, such as children, and you are a single mother, you may need to file for bankruptcy just so that your dependents do not suffer
What we do
At Legal Rights Advocates, we are a team of lawyers who understand bankruptcy. But more importantly, we believe in connecting with our clients to understand them better and help ease their anxieties. Understanding our clients better also helps determine the kind of bankruptcy applicable, thus arriving at a more effective solution. At times, this has allowed our clients to rebuild their credit and lead a normal life again.
If you feel you are in the grips of a financial crisis and the debt threaten to grow bigger, give us a call at 855-254-7841 to discuss your situation and to know your options.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
- You Have The Rights To Seek Legal Help
- Do Not Live With Anxiety And Harassment
- We Fight Until You Win
- Free Consultation