What Are The Different Kinds of Collection Calls You Can Receive?
Collection calls referred to in this article are calls made for the purpose of recovering overdue money, either in the form of unpaid bills, or payments that have lapsed and have morphed into bad debt. These are also known as debt collection calls. Debt collection calls may result from unpaid credit card bills, loans such as student and medical loans, other unpaid and overdue bills, etc.
What are the different kinds of collection calls?
Debt collection calls are regulated by laws, such as the Telephone Consumer Protection Act or TCPA. This is because they possess the potential to cause harassment, depending on the type of call made.
It is important to note that the TCPA also regulates the use of devices, such as fax machines and cell phones. These are used to make marketing calls as well, especially promotional calls where consumers hear messages promoting a particular company or services. These calls, like debt collection calls, have the potential to disregard consumer consent and explicit agreement to receiving calls.
Here is a list of different types of collection calls, whether marketing-related or related to debt collection, that an individual may receive. This list can also help identify whether a particular kind of call is related to debt collection or not.
- Persistent calls; odd hours of the day
- No information being provided regarding the debt; consumer being called is likely not verified as the debt-holder either
- Caller information withheld, or provided in an unclear manner; fake contact details provided, if at all
- Message regarding the debt shared with someone else, including family, friends, relatives, etc.; information shared with anybody who receives the call on behalf of the intended
- Calls being received despite the number being registered on the Do Not Call registry
- Consumer not being asked whether or not they have agreed to receive calls or expressed consent to being contacted
Read more on how to identify collection call harassment and put a stop to it the collection calls.
Stop collection calls now
If you, or someone you know, is facing harassment, you can put a stop to collection calls. Reach out to a professional TCPA lawyer who can guide you and help put an end to the harassment.
Legal Rights Advocates, PLLC is a law firm that helps clients who are facing debt harassment and looking for ways to bring a stop to it. Our team of attorneys, over the years, has helped countless clients understand the process better, act against it as needed, and win largely successful outcomes.
Call us at (855) 254-7841 for immediate assistance.