Debt Collection Threats From CU Recovery
Are you receiving harassing phone calls from CU Recovery? Have they made threats such as legal action, garnishment, arrest or bodily harm? Legal Rights Advocates can help! It’s a violation of your rights under a law known as the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA). The Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA) is a law set up to protect the consumer from debt collection harassment.
There have been instances in which agents from CU Recovery have violated consumers rights under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).
Below are some things CU Recovery may not do as it pertains to the FDCPA:
- Contact any third party stating you owe a debt
- Call you at work after you told them to not call at work
- Leave a voicemail not stating the company name or that it’s an attempt to collect debt
- Use any abusive or obscene language
- Make false or misrepresenting claims
- Call before 8 AM or after 9 PM
- Call more than 5 times in one day
- Ask you to pay more than what is owed
- Continue to call after you advised them to stop
- Make any threats such as legal action, garnishment, arrest, imprisonment, or bodily harm
If you feel that CU Recovery violated your rights as a consumer under the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act, Get FREE LEGAL HELP from Legal Rights Advocates! Contact us at (855) 254-7841 as well as our website https://www.yourlegalrightsadvocates.com/ for help with our FREE services.