Are You A Pennsylvania Resident Receiving Collection Calls For The Wrong Person?
Are you tired of receiving calls from a debt collector looking for someone else? Are you a Pennsylvania resident? Have you told them they have the wrong person, or the wrong number, and they’ve continued to call looking for that person? Collection Agencies such as Asset Recovery Associates could violate of your rights under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) by calling you after you told them they have the wrong person.
The Pennsylvania Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA) is a law set up to protect the consumer from debt collection harassment from companies such as Asset Recovery Associates.
There have been numerous instances in which agents from Asset Recovery Associates have violated consumers rights under the Pennsylvania Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) by continuing to call looking for someone else.
Below are some other things Asset Recovery Associates may not do as it pertains to the Pennsylvania FDCPA:
- Use any abusive or obscene language
- Make false or misrepresenting claims
- Call before 8 AM or after 9 PM
- Call more than 5 times in one day
- Ask you to pay more than what is owed
- Leave a voicemail not stating the company name or that it’s an attempt to collect debt
- Continue to call after you advised them to stop
- Make any threats such as legal action, garnishment, arrest, imprisonment, or bodily harm
- Call you at work after you told them to not call at work
- Contact any third party stating you owe a debt
Contact us at Legal Rights Advocates (855) 254-7841 as well as our website https://www.yourlegalrightsadvocates.com/ for help with our FREE services.