Texas Debt Harassment
Our Lawyers Care About Protecting Your Rights
When you borrow money, you are protected as a consumer by debt harassment laws. These laws are put in place by your state of Texas and by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA). The FDCPA is a federal law which prohibits debt collectors from engaging in certain deceptive and abusive bill collection practices. Unfortunately, these debt collectors are aware that most consumers aren’t aware of these rights, and do not always follow the rules.
Certain abusive behavior may include:
- Calling at inappropriate times of day and night
- Using obscene, offensive language
- Threatening you with wage garnishes
- Informing a third party about your debt
- Contacting you at your workplace
The list of violations creditors often do goes on and on, and at Legal Rights Advocates, PLLC we are well-versed in knowing all of them. If you have been harassed by collection agencies for your credit card debt, student loans, medical bills, or any other debts, we may be able to help you. Call us now at 855-254-7841!
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
- You Have The Rights To Seek Legal Help
- Do Not Live With Anxiety And Harassment
- We Fight Until You Win
- Free Consultation