Bill Collector Harassment
If you feel you are facing harassment from a debt or bill collector, contact a legal rights advocate to help you out with it.
The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, or FDCPA clearly states what debt collectors can do and what is out of bounds for them. In this way, the FDCPA seeks to protect consumers from harassment by debt collectors.
Call Now for Immediate Help 855-254-7841.
Here is an FDCPA checklist if you feel you or someone else you know is facing harassment from debt collectors.
Read the checklist below to get a better idea of what the FDCPA law outlines:
- Types of debt include those incurred through purchases for family, household, personal and medical reasons. This includes credit card debt as well.
- Debt collectors can only contact you by mail, telephone or fax. Contacting between 9 p.m. and 8 a.m. is not allowed, unless mutually agreed upon. They cannot contact you at your workplace.
- You can prohibit a debt collector from contacting you by writing to them.
- The debt collector cannot inform anyone else about your loan except to find out details about where you live or work.
- Debt collectors, when collecting information about you can identify themselves and their collection services. They may not disclose the purpose of the call though.
- Debt collectors need to send you a written notice on the debt, including details of the creditor and the action to be taken.
- If a collection agency violates this norm, you can demand a second written notice.
- If you send the collection agency proof that you do not owe anybody the money within 30 days of establishing first contact with you, they need to stop contacting you.
What do we do and how do we help you?
We are in the business of helping out victims of unfair debt collection practices. Talk to one of our attorneys to understand your legal rights under the FDCPA better.
If you feel you are facing harassment, including getting calls from collectors, simply call us at 855-254-7841 to discuss your situation and to find a solution for it.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
- You Have The Rights To Seek Legal Help
- Do Not Live With Anxiety And Harassment
- We Fight Until You Win
- Free Consultation