The Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) clearly outlines that it is illegal to contact anybody without their consent and if you, or someone you know, is facing harassment as a result of unwanted phone calls, you can seek the help of a TCPA lawyer or a professional who understands TCPA guidelines.
We are a FREE service.
Call Now for Immediate Help 855-254-7841.
Debt collectors might use different ways in which to contact somebody who has defaulted on loan repayments. One of the most common ways is through making phone calls. Compiled here is a quick checklist of TCPA rules to help you understand violations:
- Calling residences before 8 a.m. and after 9 p.m. is prohibited
- If consumers request that they not be called, their wish has to be honored for 5 years
- When calling somebody, the caller has to introduce themselves and the intent for which they are calling
- Calls made using automated recording equipment are prohibited
Did you know that if the TCPA guidelines are violated, you can sue for up to $500 for each violation or recover the monetary loss, whichever is higher. You may also seek an injunction or both, injunction and the money. If the violation of TCPA guidelines is willful, consumers can sue for damages up to three times, or $1500 per violation.
What do we do and how do we help you?
We are in the business of helping out victims of unfair debt collection practices. Talk to one of our lawyers to understand your legal rights under the TCPA better.
Simply call us at 855-254-7841 to discuss your situation and to find a solution for it.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
- You Have The Rights To Seek Legal Help
- Do Not Live With Anxiety And Harassment
- We Fight Until You Win
- Free Consultation